Friday, January 16, 2009

What kind of mother do you think I am?

So this last weekend Jeremy was gone to Sun Valley for yet ANOTHER hockey trip.  I am glad that he goes and gets some manly time.  With all the women in his life I am sure that a little testosterone helps when possible.  Anyways,  the girls where dis trot without him here and for the life of everyone they would not sleep good unless they were in my bed.  I am getting to the point where I cant sleep as good so I was bound and determined that they would stay in their beds and I could get some good sleep myself.  The first night was a nightmare.  They were up all together 6 times.  So the next night before we settled down I asked them what I could do to help them stay in their beds, and to my surprise Brynly said  and I quote" you can just give us sleeping medicine."  Okay first of all how does she know about sleeping medicine and what kind of Mother does she think I am?  After a Holy Cow and a chuckle I gave them sleeping medicine.  JUST KIDDING I wouldn't do that.  They didn't sleep any better and was in my bed again but I have to say it was nice to have them there and I didn't worry about them downstairs by themselves with the boogie man.  I hate being alone and I creep myself out evertime that someone is in my house.  I only received a few kicks in the back and one in the head.  We are sure glad that Dad is home and with out too may bumps and bruises.  Maybe next time I will take the sleeping medicine. 

8 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I hate being home alone too, more so at night. I can't sleep when Chris is gone. It sounds like you can't sleep when Jeremy is gone too, sounds like the girls are just preparing you for what lies ahead in a couple months....sleepless nights. The joy of motherhood. If I would have known, I would have invited you over for a girls only party sleepover. We could have had some crazy fun with our cute girls and a chick flick!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

P.s. The sleep medicine is great...it's called Unisome, "(LOL). I got a whole stash of it in my cupboard, I would have shared some. I haven't had to use it yet....but man the syatic nerve is sure starting to act up. You forgot to tell me about the excercises to make that better.

P.P.s have you had time to read Babywise?

Ktbug said...

You are so funny. I have always needed my sleep. I'm sure you remember this from back in the day. I think I'm going to be in trouble when I become a parent. I will have to drop my kiddies off at "Auntie Traci's for sleepy juice." LOL

Kylene said...

Hi Traci! I am so glad you're a blogger now so we can keep in touch. Please email me your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog.

Congrats on your fun pregnancy news. I am so happy for you guys.

(kylenesouth@gmail.com)

Kari said...

Hi Traci! Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you. Your girls are absolutely darling. I just had a baby 3 months ago and I was so excited to add a boy into the girl mix. I hope the same happens for you. They're definitely less dramatic, at least so far.

Kari said...

I was so happy to find you! We are living in Mountlake Terrace, WA. It's about 20 min. north of Seattle. We love it here. Anyway, being a mother of three isn't so bad. I absolutely love having a baby again, but that's probably because there is almost a 4 year gap between the two youngest and my oldest is almost 7. Having three makes life a little bit more crazy, but not as much as I thought it would. I've decided that after 2 kids, having more doesn't change a whole lot, except that now Trevor and I are outnumbered! I'm sure you'll do great!

Caprice Erickson said...

Hey Girl!! So, I meant to add you forever ago and just found your blog again we are private so, email yours so, I can add you! Yay on being pregnant congrats!

(delete this comment after you send your info thanks!)

capricenb@hotmail

Deanna said...

Hey I say...go for the sleeping medicine. Whatever it takes to get some sleep!